The Mouse with the Question Mark Tail

In Mrs. Keever’s third grade class we are reading The Mouse With Question Mark Tail by Richard Peck.  We are enjoying the book because the author, Richard Peck, gives fascinating details. 

This book takes place in England in the Royal Mews next to Buckingham Palace.  The main character is Mouse Minor.  He is very small, and he lives with his aunt because his mother and father died.  His tail is in the shape of a question mark.

So far in this story, Mouse Minor is on an adventure.  He was bullied at school so he ran away.  Next he met a princess, a cat, and a horse!  Now he is alone in a tree in the Royal Park.

We can’t wait to find out what happens next! 

Did you like our summary so far?  Does this sound like a good book to you?  We recommend it!

6 thoughts on “The Mouse with the Question Mark Tail

1. Dear Mrs. Keever’s class,

I read your blog and it is very exiting. I am reading The Mouse With The Question Mark Tale also and I am liking it so far. Are you liking it too?

Sincerely,
    B.

2. Good afternoon bloggers,
    I enjoyed reading your summary about the “The Mouse with the Question Mark Tail”. I haven’t had the opportunity to read this story yet. I am curious as to why Mouse Minor is all alone in the tree at Royal Park even after meeting a princess, a cat and a horse. Does mouse Minor have difficulty making friends? Or, does he not take a bath regularly? I’m just kidding about the bathing habits. The story sounds interesting and I look forward to additional comments back.

3. Dear Mr. Hilgenberg,

Thank you for commenting on our blog! Yesterday we read more of “The Mouse with the Question Mark Tail.”

Mouse Minor is all alone in the tree at Royal Park because he was riding in a horse’s ear. The horse’s name is Pegasus. Next, the horse saw a filly and flicked his ear! Finally, Mouse Minor went flying out of the horse’s ear and landed in a tree.

Now, Mouse Minor has been trapped in a butterfly net. A Yeomouse of the Royal Guard cuts him loose.

That is all we have read so far! We look forward to your future comments.

Sincerely,
    Mrs. Keever’s Crew

4. Dear Mrs.Keever and class,
    I read your post about The Mouse With the Question Mark Tail and I loved it! It was very fascinating! I read all 21 comments about the post Question to the Class. I now know about the website http://www.gregtangmath.com now. I would like to read about The Mouse With the Question Mark Tail but I haven’t yet.

Do you and your class like your book?

I really look forward to additional comments back!

Sincerely,
    Heather Spellman

5. It is amazing to listen to the new adventures mouse minor is facing. We now know that mouse minor is a prince and his real name is lutivic because that is what queens name there baby’s. I can’t wait till we find out what happens next!

From,
    Danielle